Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bennett

Oh goodness....my sweet Bennett. Well...let me start by saying that we got pregnant with Bennett around the 1st of January of 2008. We decided to go ahead and start trying again because really we had no reason to wait any longer. After all...he would be our last and there was no reason is delaying it. We were ready. What provoked our decision to get pregnant again was that we had just found out that my sister, Wendy, was pregnant with her 4th! Thats right...her 4th! ( I LOVE those kids by the way...blog coming soon about them because after all, I do consider them to be like my own!) We thought it may be better to go ahead and hit my mother with the shock before the shock of Wendy wore off! Get it all out at once! And to take the heat off of Wendy! I am SO HAPPY we made that decision because after another normal, but extra tiring 9 months of being pregnant....our baby boy was born, Bennett Andrew, on September 17, 2008. We set a date to induce as we did with Addie because I was driving from Birmingham to see Dr. Ashurst in Montgomery. We went in the night before and we had him the next morning. Labor was easy and can be. Except for that part where I fainted when they put the IV in. I'm such a weany. Anyway....I thought I would have no idea what to do with a boy but I figured it out! For the 1st 2 weeks he was a perfect little angel. Never cried. Always slept. (except at night of course) But then after that it hit! Crying and crying and crying. The only way to stop it was to hold him! AAAHHH! I couldn't get anything done without this constant cry ringing in my ear! I thought I would go crazy! But then suddenly we got this new swing, that rocks back and forth, and side to side. And the crying STOPPED! It was like a miracle! I have to say...he sure made a place for himself in this family. He just wasn't going to accept being put on the back burner as the 2nd child! Not that we would have. I am happy he did what he did now. Because it really taught me how to show both of my children the attention they needed at the SAME TIME! Now Bennett is 5 months old and he is a pure JOY! We love him with all of our heart just as much as we do Addie!

Our family is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment